"Burns, Figa & Will, P.C., has proven competence in environmental law."
Real and perceived environmental threats have produced an explosion of regulations from every level of government, and an increased willingness to challenge a company’s operational practices. Burns, Figa & Will, P.C., has proven competence in environmental law. Since many environmental conflicts attract great public and media attention, our business judgment and public relations skills are highly valued by our clients.
The attorneys at Burns, Figa & Will, P.C., provide specialized environmental representation in transactions, litigation and regulatory activities involving all major federal and state environmental programs, including “Superfund,” hazardous waste programs, water quality, wetlands, the National Environmental Policy Act and the Endangered Species Act.
Burns, Figa & Will, P.C., brings to the table proven capabilities in handling complex environmental matters including:
- Expertise in Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Multiple Legal Sub-Specialties
- Sophisticated Litigation Skills
- Intimate Knowledge of Administrative Agencies and Practices
- Strategic and Negotiation Savvy
- Public Relations and Legislative Skills
In addition, the firm has substantial expertise in the following areas:
- Superfund Contribution Litigation
- Superfund Administrative Matters
- Hazardous Waste Permitting, Compliance and Litigation
- Dry Cleaners, Gas Stations and Industrial Facilities
- Cleanup Activities
- Colorado Voluntary Cleanup Program
- Environmental Assessments (All Appropriate Inquiries, Phase I and Phase II Work)
- Environmental Due Diligence
- Federal and State Grants and Financing for Investigation and Cleanup
- Common Law Claims for Environmental Contamination (Toxic Torts)
- Clean Water Act Permitting, Compliance and Litigation
- Federal and Local Wetlands Issues
- Environmental Audits
- Environmental Liability in Real Estate Transactions
- Environmental Impact Statement Preparation and Litigation
- Endangered Species Act Compliance and Litigation
- Underground Storage Tank Programs
For our clients
We provide both public and private clients advice on a wide array of environmental and natural resources concerns, including environmental laws and policies; contaminated property transactions; permitting issues; agency actions; legislative activity; liability concerns; land management policies on Forest Service and Interior Lands, including federal leases, special use permits, and easements; wildlife, vegetation, and cultural resources protection; forest management; environmental impact assessments and statements; and wilderness issues. We also represent clients in litigation, administrative proceedings, voluntary clean-up, multi-party clean-up and governmental enforcement actions.
Attorneys Practicing in this Area